Located in the middle of the Paradise Valley near Emigrant, MT and Chico Hot Springs, the Diamond B River Ranch is one of the few large Montana ranches left in the valley. The Montana ranch, which includes 1± miles of Yellowstone River frontage, provides a substantial hay crop and currently runs Angus cattle as well as bison and longhorn. With beautiful views of the Emigrant Peak framing every landscape, significant Yellowstone River frontage and riparian areas, four large ponds, flowing spring waters, and close proximity to Yellowstone Park, Bozeman, and Livingston, the Diamond B River Ranch has many facets that make it more valuable than any cattle operation could imagine, let alone support.
The Diamond B River Ranch consists of 2031± deeded acres of spring dry land pasture, pivot, wheel and hand line irrigated hay and grass which supports a medium sized cow/calf operation. There are 435± acres of irrigated ground which can produce 1200-1500 tons of hay per year with two cuttings. It currently runs with one cutting of hay (600± tons), plenty to feed the 150 AUMs of cattle and bison currently on the ranch. About 200± acres make up the riverfront riparian area where the Ranch Manager’s home, barns, corrals, 2 ponds and springs are located.
It is not often that a ranch of this quality comes on the market. The Paradise Valley has, for many years, been the most sought after location for recreational ranches in Montana because of the abundant wildlife and fishery resources as well as some of the most dramatic scenery in the Northern Rockies. Additionally, the proximity of the ranch to Yellowstone Park along with Livingston and Bozeman contribute to the attractiveness and value of the ranch. For these reasons, it is difficult to imagine an investment that will provide more enjoyment while at the same time remain one of the most sought after and finite products in the real estate investment world.
Once you visit the Diamond B River Ranch, you will quickly learn how Montana's Paradise Valley got its name. From anywhere on the ranch the views seem to go on forever. The view to the east is dominated by Emigrant Peak and the Gallatin Range to the west. Sawtooth Mountain, located partially in Yellowstone Park, can be seen in the distant south. Add to that the river frontage, riparian corridor, ponds, springs, secluded location, and abundant wildlife, and you have a truly remarkable setting.
View Diamond B River Ranch in a larger map
Montana Property Facts:
- 2031± deeded acres total with 1± miles of Yellowstone River frontage with large riparian area for wildlife
- Four private ponds, two with large rainbow, brown, brook, and cutthroat trout
- 435± acres of irrigated ground (gravity fed pivot and wheel lines) with enough water rights for 450-550± more acres to go under sprinkler
- Currently runs 150 head of cattle and 50 head of bison
- Rustic 4 bedroom, 2 bath Log home overlooking the Yellowstone River and with spectacular views of Emigrant Peak
- Topography creates very private settlings on both river bottom and irrigated bench
- Amazing views of the Absaroka Mountains, Emigrant Peak, and the Gallatin Range
- Great conservation easement potential with critical wildlife corridors and development in area
- Close to town, yet private due to large parcel size and benches that step up from river front
- 25± miles from Livingston, 60± minutes to Bozeman, Montana
- The ranch is fully self-contained with plenty of recreational activities right on site
- Minimal snow pack and lots of sunshine all year
- The town of Emigrant provides great local services with multiple restaurants, fly shops, tavern, and complete grocery/gas store