M2 Ranch is secluded and extremely private yet located within 30 minutes of Billings, Montana’s largest city. Access from Billings to the ranch is by Interstate 94 and county road with the last 4 miles on a well-maintained dirt road. Entrance to the Montana ranch includes an electric gate that provides complete privacy and security. The entire ranch is bounded by large, private properties enhancing your privacy as well.
M2 Ranch is a contiguous 9,090± acre [8,450± deeded + 640± state] recreational ranch located 4 miles east of Pompey’s Pillar and 30 miles northeast of Billings. M2 Ranch consists of rolling pine timbered hills with elevations ranging from 3,000 to 4,000 feet, 200± acres of improved pasture, open grassland and creek bottoms located along Sand and Kaiser Creeks on the east and west edges of the property. The Montana ranch is fenced into several separate pastures along with 3 additional traps located near the improvement compound for an effective and carefully managed grazing program.
In addition to the 9,090± acres, M2 Ranch has a BLM & State grazing allotment located approximately 15 miles to the north of the main property consisting of 3,680± acres of land [3,040± BLM + 640± state].
It is rare in this day to find a ranch of this caliber and condition where world-class elk and trophy class mule deer inhabit the same hunting ranch. Supporting game that is proven to have superior genetics, the implementation of a past selective harvest program and with proper habitat management practices in place, M2 Ranch is truly a one of a kind offering. M2 Ranch also provides the ability to run a productive and successful agricultural operation, perfect for horses and cattle. This is based on the availability of year-round grazing areas. Located in an area of Montana known for exceptional wildlife quality, traditional cattle operations and surrounded by large private ranches, M2 Ranch is where potential has become reality of owning a nearly perfect ranch.
View M2 Ranch in a larger map
Montana Property Facts:
- Main Montana Ranch: 8,429 deeded acres + 640 state
- Livestock Grazing Lease: 3,040 BLM + 640 state
- 212 acres dry-land farmland of alfalfa and barley
- Excellent, well-maintained and efficient ranch improvements
- Diverse terrain ranging from mountainous timber to rolling grazing lands offers food and cover for both big game and domestic livestock
- Abundance of water in the form of springs, wells and stock ponds
- Historically a sustainable agricultural operation, this supplements the exceptional recreation attributes of the property
- Secluded and private location, yet accessible from Billings, MT