Oregon Ranch for Sale
An Oregon property for sale, rare in its location, with 320± acres surrounded by open pasture, beautiful mountain ranges and four beautifully developed ponds located on the property. Located halfway between John Day and Mount Vernon, the beautiful Oregon country house blends to its surroundings while providing a gracious and comfortable home or getaway. Quality built construction, with gorgeous views of the surrounding Oregon mountain ranges, this is a property to cherish for a lifetime and revel in its exclusive setting.
This is a very historic area of Oregon going back to the early days of cattle ranches and gold mining. An early day Chinese population was attracted to the area by the gold rush. One of the more interesting sites to visit is the Kam Wah Chung Museum in John Day, an early apothecary shop still as it would have appeared and been stocked a century ago. The St Thomas Episcopal Church still in use today was constructed in 1876. The area is also home to a cowboy museum, the Grant County ranch and Rodeo Museum.
For those with a scientific interest, the Thomas Condon Paleontology Center is located nearby in the John Day Fossil Beds National Monument. This year-round attraction provided an excellent introduction to the geologic history of the area.
View Elk Valley Ranch in a larger map
Oregon Property Facts:
- 320± acres of open pastures and timbered hills
- Magnificent views of Oregon Mountain ranges
- Two year-round streams flow through the Oregon property
- Developed orchard, four ponds and expansive garden
- 24’x48’ finished shop and a 6 bay open machine shed
- The large country house is a beautiful and high quality improvement
- Tremendous recreational opportunities include hunting, fly fishing, skiing and golf on three nearby courses
- Reduced from $1,675,000