Oregon Recreation Ranch for Sale
Horse Shoe Ranch sits in the one of the most beautiful valleys anywhere in the world. At the head of the valley are rolling mountains, volcanic peaks, and evergreen forests which surround the southern Cascades Crater Lake. There are endless miles of peaks, and trails located in Crater Lake National Park, the only National Park in Oregon, and considered to be one of the great natural wonders of the world. Located in this valley is the Wood River which meanders through the ranch providing a wonderful riparian corridor for a variety of wildlife. The ranch is home to upland birds and seasonal visits from small deer and elk herds. This is a gorgeous ranch centrally located to take advantage of a variety of recreational opportunities as well as the benefit of being close to Crater National Park and historic Fort Klamath, Oregon.
The ranch is conveniently located 40± miles north of Klamath Falls, Oregon in historic Fort Klamath. Warner Canyon Ski Area is a 1 1/2 hour drive, an uncrowded, affordable, one lift sort of place with trails and vertical footage enough to keep skiers occupied for a snowy day. Mt. Ashland ski resort is 1 1/2 hour drive west and Mt. Bachelor is 2 hours north of the property. This scenic ranch is also within 30 minutes of Crater Lake National Park, and 40 minutes to a major airport located in Klamath Falls, Oregon serviced by United Airlines, http://www.klamathfallsairport.com/. The famous Williamson River is just minutes away, along with a variety of creeks; Crooked Creek, Seven Mile Creek, Annie Creek, Spring Creek, as well as the Sprague River, all providing excellent angling opportunities for large and abundant trout with many over 10 lbs.
View Horse Shoe Ranch in a larger map
Oregon Property Facts:
- 60± acres
- 1 1/2± miles of Wood River
- Various species of wildlife
- Featured on ESPN’s Fly Fishing America
- World class fly fishing, with the chance to catch 10lb+ trout
- Tremendous views of the valley and peaks in Crater National Park
- Well maintained historic barn and out buildings
- Lodge and Carriage House boast 6 bdrms, 5 baths and come fully furnished
- While operated as a bed and breakfast, served former President Jimmy Carter, Bing Crosby as well as other noted celebrities
- 40± miles north of Klamath Falls