The Owyhee Canyon Farm is located in eastern Oregon, approximately 35 miles south of Ontario, Oregon. Vale, the county seat, is approximately 25 miles to the north. The property lies at an elevation of 2,300 feet, just north of the fertile, Owyhee River Drainage, on a paved road just before you get into the canyon leading to the Owyhee Reservoir.
The closes town is Adrian, Oregon and a number of other small towns in the area that have everything needed from implements to seed. Boise, Idaho is approximately 60 miles to the east.
The topography is flat and rises slightly as it transitions to the BLM land on the western edge of the property. The views take in Mitchell Butte, at 3,500 ft. elevation to the northeast and the Owyhee River Valley to the south.
The Oregon property for sale is prime habitat for pheasants and quail and best of all you have 1000’s of BLM acres just to the west and this is prime chuckar country. The difference with the terrain for chuckars is it is more rolling and much easier to hunt than the big steep ridges of Hells Canyon. There are not many roads out in this country so it is fairly easy to find the solitude of hunting with your favorite dog with out the competition of other hunters.
The Owyhee Canyon farm is priced right to sell and has all the features that are needed to put together a very productive operation. The area is very private, located at the end of the road and easy to get to from the paved county road. The property is a bit rough but with the right person and proper management, the Owyhee Canyon Property would be a wonderful investment.
View Owyhee_Ranch in a larger map
Oregon Property Facts:
- 610± acres
- Production has been in corn, hay and oats in the past
- 275± acres of water rights along with livestock rights
- Fenced and cross-fenced
- 15± miles from the Owyhee Reservoir
- Great pheasant and quail habitat with excellent chuckar numbers on the BLM
- 10 to 12 inches of precipitation a year
- Owyhee North Canal, runs through the Oregon property
- Easy access off a paved county road
- Bordered by BLM land on the western side of the Oregon property
- 25 minutes from Ontario and 10 minutes from Adrian, Oregon