The Last Spread is a multi-use showplace farm located in heart of the North Texas Horse Country. This farm’s 355± acres offer an appealing combination of pristine Cross Timbers hardwoods and highly improved rolling pastures. A top-end luxury home, stylish Morton Buildings and well-maintained John Deere equipment complete this fully turn-key property. The Last Spread Farm radiates class and it’s obvious that a great deal of care has gone into building and maintaining it. No corners were cut in building out this premier combination farm—and it shows!
Location: Last Spread Farm is conveniently located only an hour north of Dallas and just a few miles north of Lake Ray Roberts. The farm is about 8 miles southeast of Gainesville, Texas.
Land: Last Spread’s terrain is gently rolling with about 60% of the farm being highly improved pastures and hayfields. Roughly 40% of the farm is wooded with a hardwood mix typical of the Cross Timbers ecoregion. Mature pecans and oaks dot the manicured pastures adding to the scenic appeal of this exceptional North Texas farm. Wolf Creek, a medium-sized creek, runs through the ranch on its way to Lake Ray Roberts.
The farm’s 9,800 sq. ft. (heated/cooled) home is positioned on a hill overlooking the lake and barns below. Oversized windows, including a unique arched window, take advantage of the home’s hilltop position and offer sweeping views northward across the farm. This gorgeous custom home was engineered to stand the test of time and its beauty can be found in the details. The defining characteristic of this home is its attention to both aesthetic and structural detail.
- Completed in 2012
- Approximately 9,800 heated/cooled square feet
- 7 bedrooms / 8.5 bathrooms
- 3 car garage plus porte-cochère single car garage
- Below slab drainage system
- Concrete safe room with 14” walls built into slab
- Home theatre
- GE Monogram appliances (Sub-Zero refrigerator), Miele built-in coffee maker
- Stone fireplace is built on a massive block of concrete poured down to bedrock
- Heated tile floors in master bathroom and shower
- Lutron lighting system
- Thick foam insulation throughout home reducing energy consumption
- Attached outdoor (covered) living area and kitchen featuring grill, ice maker, refrigerator and more
- Working security system with 8 cameras
Last Spread Farm was built with quality in mind and the barns, fences and pens are top class. All of the barns are color-matched Morton Buildings that are rated for 100 mph wind. The barns and associated improvements were constructed in 2009 and 2010. The pipe fences on the farm are super premium quality and utilize expansion gaps to prevent cracking or damage due to temperature fluctuations. The pipe fence has been painted with an ultra durable and attractive automotive paint that resists sun fade.
- 72’ X 40’ horse barn with over hangs on both sides
- Four 12’ X 12’ stalls with Nelson watering system and swing out feeders
- Insulated kitchen, bathroom and tack room with AC and heat
- 3 horse paddocks
- Horse restraining chute and wash station on concrete with rubber mats
- 60’ X 42’ X 15’ with overhangs on south side and rear of barn
- 2 large stalls measuring 12’ X 20’ at rear of barn
Barn # 3
- 30’ X 45’ repair shop with overhang on east side of barn
- Location water well pump house
Two hay barns (24’ X 30’ and 50’ X 32’)
Three loafing sheds measuring 18’ X 27’, 18’ X 36’ and 12’ X 36’
- One acre pipe corral
- Three holding pens and 2 larger pens
- Alleyways lead to a concrete floor working area with a Silencer Hydraulic squeeze chute. The squeeze shoot area is covered and well lit.
Equipment Included with Turn-key Farm Sale:
- 2008 John Deere 6430 Premium 115 horsepower tractor with approximately 2,896 hours
- 2013 John Deere 5100E 100 horsepower tractor with approximately 653 hours
- 2013 John Deere 569 mega wide baler which has made 1,500 bales and has recently had an overhaul
- 2010 John Deere Gator
- 2011 John Deere Gator
- 550 gallon and 2 350 gallon fuel tanks on concrete with electric pumps
- 70 degree load out chute
Water: Mountain Springs Water Company provides water for the home. Additionally, the farm is serviced by a 660 foot deep water well with a 5” casing. The flow rate is about 18 to 25 gallons per minute. A new pump was installed in October of 2017. A heated closet located in Barn #3 houses two 50-gallon pressure tanks. Furthermore, 3,000 feet of 1.5-inch water lines bring water to the pastures. The line volume equates to roughly 280 gallons of stored water at 60 pounds of pressure. The well-engineered water line network brings clean water to six concrete water troughs with automatic fillers.
The home overlooks the farm’s largest pond at the bottom of the hill and adjacent to the barns. This 5-acre pond has a floating dock, 3 fish feeders and 4 electric aerators. It was constructed for a high volume to surface area ratio which helps minimize evaporative loss. Approximately 70% of the pond is 14-15 feet deep and is well stocked with largemouth bass, crappie and sunfish.
Four smaller ponds, one stocked with channel catfish, provide abundant water to the farm’s pastures. The tree-lined Wolf Creek runs through the ranch. Two excellent concrete crossings with culverts ensure full access to the east side of the farm.
Climate: The average annual precipitation for this part of Cooke County is approximately 42 inches.
Area Information/History: Lake Ray Roberts (29,350 acres) is an excellent fishing lake and public boat ramp access is only about 10 minutes from the ranch. The city of Gainesville is located just 8 miles up FM 372. This quaint small city has a population of about 16,000, good restaurants and plenty of shopping options. Last Spread Farm is located in the North Texas Horse Country, which is one of the largest concentrations of equestrian focused ranches in the country.
Soils: Sandy loam soils predominate on the farm.
Wildlife: Whitetail deer and turkeys
Minerals: Some minerals are available with an acceptable contract.
Taxes: Approximately $26,000 yearly
**Ranch is shown by appointment only**