Fay Ranches Protocol During COVID-19
Fay Ranches Friends and Family,
Despite the ongoing volatility of the stock market and the unprecedented social changes we’re experiencing, the land brokers at Fay Ranches are reporting sustained interest in the land market. Our conversations with land investors indicate this is due in part to the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as the stability of land as an investment. Our clients view land as the ideal solution to social distancing, and a great place to be invested during uncertain times. As one client mentioned, “Social distancing has been an attractive component of land for centuries. Right now, being in a place where the distance from your neighbor is measured in miles and not feet, sounds pretty good. I also wouldn’t be cooped up in this house all day.”
Our agents continue to communicate and present opportunities to our buyer clients and continue to be in contact with our seller clients regarding appropriate protocol for property tours and showings. Our priority is keeping our families and clients safe and healthy, and we are taking recommended measures to accomplish this.
THE NEW NORMAL
It’s strange to think that a company built on handshakes is now keeping 6’ to 10’ of distance from our clients. We continue to monitor the rapidly evolving situation and are actively making changes to protect our clients and ourselves as we tour farms, ranches, and vineyards, and other types of rural properties.
1. Before meetings, our Brokers will ask our clients/customers for their preferred protocol from a health and safety standpoint. We are set up with the right technology to make any meeting virtual.
2. We recommend driving separate vehicles while traveling throughout the property.
3. We will maintain a safe distance from each other: recommend 6’ to 10’.
4. Our Brokers have hand sanitizer and will utilize it every 30 minutes and before and after touching doors, gates, and other high-touch areas.
5. Most of our showings take place outside on ranches where social distancing is easily accomplished.
6. If an agent is sick, he/she will not show land, and we ask for the same consideration from our clients.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP
It appears that this will not be a short-lived challenge for our country or the world, and social distancing may be an increasingly valuable benefit of land ownership. For those looking for a retreat away from high-density areas, we’re happy to assist you in finding a special place where you and your family can remain healthy and happy.
Be a good neighbor. Take care of your family. Stay safe and stay healthy.
By George Duke, Ranch Sales, Licensed in MT, WY This article is an exclusive preview from Land Investor magazine volume 8, coming November 2022. Upland game bird hunting in South-Central Montana is no longer a secret. The Clarks Fork of the Yellowstone River valley all the way down into Wyoming, and the surrounding Pryor mountains […]
By JW Robinson, Agent, Licensed in WY This article is an exclusive preview from Land Investor magazine volume 8, coming November 2022. One of the largest attractions to the Western United States is the vast acreage of land allocated for public use, including large tracts of state land, National Forest, regions managed by the Bureau […]