Fay Ranches Protocol During COVID-19
Fay Ranches Friends and Family,
Despite the ongoing volatility of the stock market and the unprecedented social changes we’re experiencing, the land brokers at Fay Ranches are reporting sustained interest in the land market. Our conversations with land investors indicate this is due in part to the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as the stability of land as an investment. Our clients view land as the ideal solution to social distancing, and a great place to be invested during uncertain times. As one client mentioned, “Social distancing has been an attractive component of land for centuries. Right now, being in a place where the distance from your neighbor is measured in miles and not feet, sounds pretty good. I also wouldn’t be cooped up in this house all day.”
Our agents continue to communicate and present opportunities to our buyer clients and continue to be in contact with our seller clients regarding appropriate protocol for property tours and showings. Our priority is keeping our families and clients safe and healthy, and we are taking recommended measures to accomplish this.
THE NEW NORMAL
It’s strange to think that a company built on handshakes is now keeping 6’ to 10’ of distance from our clients. We continue to monitor the rapidly evolving situation and are actively making changes to protect our clients and ourselves as we tour farms, ranches, and vineyards, and other types of rural properties.
1. Before meetings, our Brokers will ask our clients/customers for their preferred protocol from a health and safety standpoint. We are set up with the right technology to make any meeting virtual.
2. We recommend driving separate vehicles while traveling throughout the property.
3. We will maintain a safe distance from each other: recommend 6’ to 10’.
4. Our Brokers have hand sanitizer and will utilize it every 30 minutes and before and after touching doors, gates, and other high-touch areas.
5. Most of our showings take place outside on ranches where social distancing is easily accomplished.
6. If an agent is sick, he/she will not show land, and we ask for the same consideration from our clients.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP
It appears that this will not be a short-lived challenge for our country or the world, and social distancing may be an increasingly valuable benefit of land ownership. For those looking for a retreat away from high-density areas, we’re happy to assist you in finding a special place where you and your family can remain healthy and happy.
Be a good neighbor. Take care of your family. Stay safe and stay healthy.
By Neil Bangs, Associate Broker, Licenced in Wyoming One of the most frequently asked questions regarding ranch sales in Wyoming is, who owns the mineral rights? And what rights do they have? In many states, the owners of the land are not necessarily the owners of the mineral estate. Wyoming is such a state. Separation […]
By Michelle Burbidge, Fay Ranches Agent, Licensed in Washington Washington is quickly becoming a mecca for grape growers and wineries. The same breathtaking landscape that first drew pioneers westward over 200 years ago now attracts a new kind of pioneer, those searching for a rich and diverse grape growing region. Just 20 years ago, Washington […]