The Dome Mountain Ranch is one of the most famous ranches in southwest Montana, and deservedly so. Set beautifully in the midst of the wild country of southern Paradise Valley, the approximately 5,366 deeded acre (plus an additional 470± State lease acres and 508± BLM lease acres) ranch is bordered on one side by 6.3± accessible miles of the Yellowstone River providing some of the finest wild trout fishing in the world. On three sides the ranch is bordered by public land that stretches to the 932,000 acre Absaroka/Beartooth Wilderness which is bordered by Yellowstone National Park and extends south beyond Jackson, Wyoming encompassing an estimated twenty million acres of some of the most beautiful and wild country in the world known as the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem.
The Montana ranch for sale is stunning, with views over the Yellowstone River Valley and the Gallatin Range to the West, south to the borders of Yellowstone National Park, north over the length of the Yellowstone River to Livingston, MT and East to the peaks of the Absaroka Range. Within the boundaries of the ranch the land transitions through three ecosystems from the river bottom riparian area to the forested mountains of the Absaroka’s. There are also three lakes on Dome Mountain Ranch, the 25± acre Thelma Lake, the 6± acre Vanessa’s Lake and a 6± acre alpine lake. The ranch is well improved with a beautiful log home and guest homes as well as the Dome Mountain Guest Ranch structures along the river.
Dome Mountain Ranch and its outfitting and guest ranch business has been featured on The Travel Channel, The Outdoor Network, “Reel Outdoors”, “Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World TV,” “Rocky Boots, “”Elk Country Journal,” “Cabela’s Outdoor Adventures,” and other nationally televised programs; as well as been featured in Outdoor Life, Fly Fisher, Trout Magazine, Bugle Magazine (the official publication of the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation) and others. See the ranches three websites, www.domemountainranch.com, www.domemountainelkhunting.com, www.montanasbestflyfishing.com
Dome Mountain Ranch is most famous for the prolific wildlife that roam its timbered draws and open parks and the amazing trout fishery flowing past in the waters of the Yellowstone River and the private lakes within the ranch. The elk herd at times seems everywhere as trophy bulls, calves and cows seem to appear from every aspen grove as the late afternoon sun creates long shadows. The trout fishing can be as good as it gets with big rainbow, brown and cutthroat trout ready to inhale your dry fly.
The new owner may choose to discontinue the commercial aspect of the Montana ranch and enjoy the privacy the ranch provides or continue the lodge and guest ranch endeavors. It is entirely up to the new owner and their goals and desires for the Montana ranch.
Montana Property Facts:
- 5,366± deeded acres total with an additional 470± acres leased from the State and 508± leased from BLM
- 6.3± miles of accessible (4.4± miles deeded and 2.9± miles BLM and State) Yellowstone River frontage
- Thelma Lake 25± acres
- Vanessa’s Lake 6± acres
- Alpine Lake 6± acres
- 9 ½± miles to Yellowstone Park over trails
- Direct access to Dailey Lake
- Abundant Wildlife; moose, elk, mule-deer, whitetail deer, mountain lion, grizzly and black bears, big horn sheep, antelope, wolves, coyotes, bobcats, eagles, ducks, geese, osprey, falcons
- Extensive homes, cabins, guest houses, commercial lodge, barns, shop, sheds, equipment and other outbuildings
- Borders millions of acres of public land and wilderness
- 143± acres under pivot irrigation for orchard Grass, Needle & Thread, Clovers, Little Alfalfa, and Sanfoin
- Land is managed for wildlife habitat enhancement, hay is produced for the hunting operation and horse feed stock
- Excellent Water Rights