The River Bend Ranch in Laramie Wyomingis a classic western ranch surrounded by rugged beauty. Upon entering the ranch you immediately feel a sense of remoteness even though you are just a 15 minute drive from a thriving university town. The angling resource on the ranch is as good as we have seen.
With over six miles of the Laramie River meandering through the property, the ranch boasts phenomenal fly fishing for brown, rainbow and brook trout. The river corridor offers a truly pastoral setting, with miles of old growth cottonwoods framing the river as it flows through the ranch. Because of the privacy created by the size of the Riverbend Ranch and surrounding properties, there is no public access and this section of the river gets virtually no pressure. Consequently, the fish are plentiful and our experience fishing the ranch indicates the fish average around 16” with the largest fish in the river over 25”. The ranch also boasts world class waterfowl hunting in the fall months along with excellent populations of whitetail deer, mule deer, moose, antelope and a small resident elk herd. With over 6,700± deeded acres and a proven agricultural operation - this ranch is the complete package.
The University of Wyoming received the ranch as a gift from landowner who wished to support agricultural programs that would significantly benefit agriculture, ranches, and wildlife in the American West. Proceeds from the sale of River Bend will fund an endowment at the Univ. of Wyoming College of Agriculture & Natural Resources for research on diseases connected with livestock and wildlife, particularly those in the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem. The new owner would be welcome to continue a relationship with the university and these research programs.
View Riverbend Ranch in a larger map
Wyoming Property Facts:
- Located 17 miles from Laramie, WY
- 6,700± deeded acres
- Proceeds from ranch sale will benefit the Univ. of Wyoming College of Agriculture & Natural Resources for research on diseases connected with livestock and wildlife, particularly those in the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem.
- World class trout fishing
- Over 6 miles of both sides of the Laramie River
- Over 2/3 of the ranch is under flood irrigation
- Ranch is end of the road
- Quality agricultural operation
- Large 100+ acre reservoir on the property
- World class waterfowl hunting in the fall
- Both central and pacific flyways filter through the area and the ranch
- Great hunting for whitetail, mule deer, moose, antelope, and the occasional Rocky Mountain elk
- Strategically located minutes from town while maintaining a remote feel
- Commercial airport nearby within 20 minutes
- Existing Conservation Easement on a majority of the ranch, easement allows for 6 building sites